Welcome to the Edinburgh Compressed Sensing Group (E-CoS). E-CoS has expertise in all facets of compressed sensing with 5 permanent faculty members trained in numerical analysis, electrical engineering, and statistics. Some of our recent contributions and events are:
- GAGA: GPU Accelerated Greedy Algorithms, by Blanchard and Tanner
- Performance comparison of greedy algorithms in compressed sensing, by Blanchard and Tanner
- An exact tree projection algorithm for wavelets, by Cartis and Thompson
- Alternating maximization: Unifying framework for 8 sparse PCA formulations and efficient parallel codes, by Richtarik, Takac and Ahipasaoglu
- Parallel coordinate descent methods for big data optimization, by Richtarik and Takac
NAIS Workshop and Associated Colloquium Advances in Large-Scale Optimization. May 24–25, 2012 at Edinburgh University. Keynote speaker: Yurii Nesterov. Organizer: Peter Richtarik.
SPARS 2011: Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured Representations, June 27-30 2011, Edinburgh, UK. Plenary Speakers: David L. Donoho, Martin Vetterli, Stephen J. Wright, David J. Brady, Yi Ma, Joel Tropp, Remi Gribonval, and Francis Bach. Organizers: Coralia Cartis, Mike Davies, and Jared Tanner.